Over a lifespan, an average person will take into their bodies 1 tsp arsenic, 1 tsp lead, 1/3 tsp mercury, 1 tsp nickel, 300 mg cadmium, 80 mcg uranium, and a whopping 1460 grams of aluminum. A 12-inch square of aluminum foil is about five grams. Over your life you will ingest the equivalent of 292 twelve-inch square sheets of aluminum. Not a comforting thought when you consider all the havoc these toxins play on your health. Listen to We live in Toxic Times.
- As a young and dumb science student, I practiced experiments in an enclosed chemical storage room attached to the regular laboratory classroom. One procedure required the use of a Bunsen burner. The architects of this lab wisely knew that gas should never be provided in this ventless confined space. My partner and I, not to be daunted by this faulty design, rigged up our own outlet. We hooked up twenty feet of rubber tubing to the gas outlet, ran it under the closed lab storage door and proceeded with our experiment. We put mercuric oxide in a test tube and heated it till the oxygen dissipated and only mercury remained in the bottom of the test tube. We would then pour out the mercury onto the floor and watch the quick silver flash and disappear. Though our motives were innocent (our assignment was to demonstrate this experiment to other students), the situation exposed us to toxic mercury vapor.
- Today the average American is exposed to a plethora of toxic metals and chemicals common in our environment. Hollywood actress, Daphne Zuniga has raised awareness on toxic metals due to her own mercury poisoning. She suffers from weak memory, headaches, crying spells, skin rashes and low grade depression and autism-like symptoms attributed to mercury toxicity. Zuniga states that mercury poisoning is epidemic in America and that one out of six women are toxic with mercury.
- Let’s just look at toxic metals (misnamed heavy metals since not all heavy metals are toxic and not all light metals are safe). Over a lifespan, an average person will take into their bodies 1 tsp arsenic, 1 tsp lead, 1/3 tsp mercury, 1 tsp nickel, 300 mg cadmium, 80 mcg uranium, and a whopping 1460 grams of aluminum. A 12-inch square of aluminum foil is about five grams. Over your life you will ingest the equivalent of 292 twelve-inch square sheets of aluminum. Not a comforting thought when you consider all the havoc these toxins play on your health.
- Often my patients are amazed when my Energetic assessment reveals their environmental toxicity. Both toxic chemicals and metals play a significantly infamous role in well being. Cancers, coronary conditions, premature aging, dementia, brain fog, autism, chronic fatigue syndrome, and fibromyalgia all have been linked to toxic overload. What can be done to clean up this toxic sludge that pollutes our bodies?
- There are several purifying processes that we use in our office. The first step is detoxifying our homes and pantries by using nontoxic household products and organic foods. Next, would be to use nutritional and herbal supplements to support the body’s elimination and cleansing processes.
- Energetic and homeopathic remedies will remove distortions and blockages that may have hindered your body’s ability to clear toxins. Then it is time to bring out the big guns. Various forms of chelation therapy have been used for over 50 years to safely and effectively remove toxic metals. Di-Sodium EDTA intravenous drip, though often harsh, time consuming and expensive is the most common. The I.V. EDTA is also problematic due to its ability to dump unwanted calcium into joints.
- In an effort to reduce the harshness of Di-Sodium EDTA I.V. therapy the idea of oral chelation arose. This turned out not to be feasible since the absorption of EDTA given orally is about five percent due to denaturing by stomach acids. Giving larger doses of EDTA orally to make up for this lack of absorption did not work since even in small amounts Di-Sodium EDTA causes ulcerations and hemorrhaging in the colon and digestive tract. Even when administered by I.V. anesthetics must be injected into the EDTA solution.
- It was reasoned that if a form of EDTA could be developed which would not burn tissue and did not contain calcium, then a suppository chelation would be possible. Since the colon has a fairly neutral pH, these suppositories would not hinder the effectiveness of EDTA.Our office now provides Magnesium Di-Potassium EDTA suppositories that do not burn healthy tissue. These suppositories allow the benefits of intravenous chelation therapy without the prohibitive negative impact of the I.V modality. Magnesium Di-Potassium EDTA suppositories (opposed to Di-Sodium EDTA I.V.) will not stimulate the Fight-or-Flight mechanism.
- In addition, the suppositories will also remove toxic forms of calcium that build up in the system causing arthrosclerosis, plaque, and arthritis. To remove chemical toxicity from the blood and tissues, we recommend glutathione and organic coffee suppositories along with various homeopathic and energetic detoxifying agents. In every detoxification and purification process it is vital to maintain healthy elimination and liver support. Often toxicity is at the root of our health challenges, but by taking a holistic and naturopathic approach the result is renewed vitality, energy and clarity.